Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Primal Plate 5/31/11

Welcome back fruit! Oh, how I've missed you. For the last two and a half weeks, I've been trying to eat a very low-carb "induction" menu to move the scale those last few pounds, so therefore almost no fruit. Or first few pounds, since that's all I have to lose anyway. Regardless, I'm only about 5-8 lbs from my goal weight and I wanted to ditch the tummy flab before the roadtrip tomorrow. It does seem flatter, even though the scale and tape measure haven't budged.

Roadtrip time, woohoo! Okay, I'm not really that excited about the roadtrip part, but I'm very psyched about the destinations. Family reunion and then a week visiting close friends and exploring some beautiful scenery. For the roadtrip, I'm not going to worry too much about the low-carb bit and just eat as Primally as possible. Fruit is such a great snack for the car anyway, and I don't know how much Primal food will be available; excluding fruit when it might be the healthiest snack just seems dumb. All the food for the reunion is included and I know there will be plenty of options in the meat and salad arena. Eggs, bacon, and sausage will probably be featured prominently at breakfast, and most likely still be available to me and Jeremiah on days when everyone else is adding pancakes to their plates. Nevertheless, I'm coming prepared, plus we need food for the 10 hour car ride. We're breaking it up over two days because 10 hours would be torture for my back. We're bringing fresh jerky from the butcher, deli meat and cheese roll-ups I'll make up before we leave, apple slices, apricots, grapes, blueberries, almond butter, cashews, carrots, celery, and red pepper slices, and a few Kind fruit and nut bars and Larabars. Whoa.

So I started off very well this morning, and have a very healthy, but busy, day planned.

Breakfast 11am:
1 cup coffee
1 cup Irish breakfast tea
1 fried egg
1/2 grapefruit
2 apricots
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Lunch:
More leftover pulled pork
Greek yogurt with honey
1/2 cup blueberries


I spent the afternoon running around doing last-minute vacation chores, so I had a key lime Larabar for a late afternoon snack. Ingredients: dates, cashews, almonds, unsweetened coconut, and lime juice concentrate.

Dinner:
Grilled chicken
More frozen veggie medley

Sorry for the poor picture quality. I'm still working out some of the lighting kinks and learning how to edit in Lightroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment